Tuesday, June 6, 2017

Daily Bible Readings June 6, 2017

Psalm 2

Why do the nations rant?
    Why do the peoples rave uselessly?
The earth’s rulers take their stand;
    the leaders scheme together
    against the Lord and
    against his anointed one.
        
        “We will tear off their ropes
        and throw off their chains!”
The one who rules in heaven laughs;
    my Lord makes fun of them.
But then God speaks to them angrily;
    then he terrifies them with his fury:
        
        my holy mountain!”
I will announce the Lord’s decision:
    He said to me, “You are my son,
        today I have become your father.
Just ask me,
    and I will make the nations your possession;
    the far corners of the earth will be your property.
You will smash them with an iron rod;
    you will shatter them like a pottery jar.”
10 So kings, wise up!
    Be warned, you rulers of the earth!
11 Serve the Lord reverently—
    trembling, 12 kiss his feet[a]
        or else he will become angry,
        and your way will be destroyed
    because his anger ignites in an instant.
But all who take refuge in the Lord are truly happy!

Footnotes:

  1. Psalm 2:12 Correction; Heb uncertain; MT rejoice with trembling, kiss the son (but with son in Aram, not Heb)
Common English Bible (CEB), used with permission
Copyright © 2011 by Common English Bible

No comments:

Post a Comment